SOAP Note to Evaluate ABDOMINAL ASSESSMENT
SOAP Note to Evaluate
CC: “My stomach has been hurting for the past two days.”
HPI: LZ, 65 y/o AA male, presents to the emergency department with a two days history of intermittent epigastric abdominal pain that radiates into his back. He went to the local Urgent Care where was given PPI with no relief. At this time, the patient reports that the pain has been increasing in severity over the past few hours; he vomited after lunch, which led him to go to the ED at this time. He has not experienced fever, diarrhea, or other symptoms associated with his abdominal pain.
Medications: Metoprolol 50mg
FH: HTN, Gerd, Hyperlipidemia
Social Hx: ETOH, smoking for 20 years but quit both 2 years ago, divorced for 5 years, 3 children, 2 males, 1 female
- VS: Temp 98.2; BP 91/60; RR 16; P 76; HT 6’10”; WT 262lbs
- Heart: RRR, no murmurs
- Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
- Skin: Intact without lesions, no urticaria
- Abd: abdomen is tender in the epigastric area with guarding but without mass or rebound.
- Diagnostics: US and CTA
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Perforated Ulcer