NCLEX-RN success Discussion
NCLEX-RN success Discussion
To analyze own performance on the integrated comprehensive assessments and reflect on areas of opportunity and strategies to promote NCLEX-RN success and transition into practice. The student will apply the priority concept (topic) to evidence-based professional practice upon which nurses have the ability to resolve or have a positive impact. There is a focus on the healthcare disparities of the individual, as well as ethical and legal implications to professional practice. The student will discuss how an interdisciplinary approach promotes quality improvement for the patient and evidence-based professional practice, driving positive outcomes.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO # 1: Synthesize knowledge from sciences, humanities, and nursing in managing the needs of humans as consumers of healthcare in a patient-centered environment.(PO#1)
CO # 2: Integrate communication and relationship skills in teamwork and collaboration functioning effectively with health team members and consumers of care.(PO#3)
CO # 3: Utilize information technology to manage knowledge, mitigate error, andsupport decision making with health team members and consumers of care. (PO# 8)
CO # 4 Integrate critical thinking, clinical reasoning skills, best current evidence, clinical expertise, and patient/family preferences/values in the implementation of the nursing process. (PO# 4)
CO # 5: Explore the impact of professional standards, legislative issues, ethical principles, and values on professional nursing, using data to monitor outcomes and improve quality and safety. (PO# 5, 6)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 250 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Track performance on the comprehensive assessments by logging NCLEX-RN Client Need Category performance on the Individual Student ATI Assessment Trends: Longitudinal Performance tool.
2) Based on individual performance on the comprehensive assessments, prioritize the top concept (topic) of greatest opportunity.
3) Include the following criteria for each identified concept (topic): The NCSBN NCLEX-RN Test Plan will support this process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric must match exactly).
a. Priority Concept (Topic)- 20 points/8%
· Identify the priority concept (topic) of opportunity.
· Provide a description of how this aligns with the NCLEX-RN Test Plan as indicated by performance in the Individual Student ATI Assessment Trends Table.
· Identify a minimum of two learning strategies that you plan to implement to address your learning need.
· Identify a minimum of two resources that you will integrate into your NCLEX-RN Readiness plan to assist you with improving the identified learning need.
( NR452_RUA- Capstone Evidence-Based Guidelines ) ( Revised: 03/2021 ) ( 1 )
( Learning Resources: Identify a minimum of two resources that you will integrate into your NCLEX-RN Readiness plan to assist you with improving the identified learning need. ATI Book, ATI pink book, NCLEX review Adaptive quizzes, Cathy Parkes flashcards )
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument. NCLEX-RN success Discussion