Mental Health Video Assignment 4
Mental Health Video Assignment 4
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to view a major movie production regarding a mental health topic, identify which characters in the movie were dealing with a mental illness issue, and identify how this might relate to current or future practice.
Detailed reflection on each character and what mental illness they are suffering from.
What are the signs and symptoms they display and is it reflective of the textbook signs and symptoms? You must reflect on the classical manifestations of the illness from the textbook.
Paper must be in APA format with subheadings corresponding with each section, title page and reference page. The paper should be at least 6 pages responding to the questions below.
1. Brief recap of the movie, including which characters you will be evaluating.
2. Did you like this film? Why or Why not? How has it enhanced your understanding of clients with mental illness?
3. Who was/were the primary character/s in the movie who struggled with or exhibited signs of a mental illness? Provide the name of the characters and the mental illness they displayed in detail.
4. What characters in the movie do you feel really changed and evolved from beginning to end and how? Provide examples.
5. What is one thing you can take away from this movie to help you care for patients and their families facing a similar circumstance?
6. What treatment strategies you could consider as outlined in the textbook (therapeutic communication, group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy).
7. What pharmacological intervention could you consider and what are the adverse effects?
8. How was the mental illness perceived by the main character within the film suffering from this condition and individuals around him?
9. Detailed reflection on each character and what mental illness they are suffering from.
10. What are the signs and symptoms they display and is it reflective of the textbook signs and symptoms? You must reflect on the classical manifestations of the illness from the textbook.
11. Provide over all feedback regarding the assignment and how it has enhanced your learning regarding psychiatric nursing and treating clients with mental illness.
You need to use 10 scholarly sources to support your reflection. These sources cannot be the movie itself or your textbook. ATI can be utilized. Mental Health Video Assignment 4
|Discussion Criteria||Satisfactory/1||Needs Improvement/0.5||Poor/0|
|Support from Literature
|Paper grounded in literature and include a minimum of 2 scholarly reference citations||Paper grounded in literature but no reference cited within the paper. Reference list included.||No citations included.|
|Contributes unique perspectives or insights gleaned from personal experience or examples and is able to tie move content back to course knowledge.||Demonstrates perspectives but does not tie information back to course knowledge.||Paper does not reflect personal response or demonstrate applied course knowledge.|
|Professional Insights||Contributes unique perspective or insights gleaned from professional expectations in the health care setting/professional.||Demonstrates perspective but does not tie information back to the health care setting expectations/professional.||Paper does not reflect professional response or demonstrate expectations of the health care setting/professional.|
|Organization, Grammar, Syntax, APA
|Presents information in logical meaningful and understandable sequence.
APA, grammar, spelling and/or punctuation accurate or with minimal errors.
|Information is sometimes unclear and difficult to follow.
A few errors in APA, grammar, spelling and syntax are noted.
|Paper does not address required questions.
APA, grammar, spelling and/or punctuation contain multiple errors.
| Character Identification
|Actively identifies each major character and addresses mental health issues of each.||Does not actively identifies each major character or does not addresses mental health issues of each.||Does not actively identify major characters or major character is missing.|