Medical And Public Health ASSIGNMENTS
4 separate assignments- *No plagiarism, copy or paste* *Please include References*
CoP and Knowledge Management Tools—-100 words—-include references*
Communities of Practices (CoP) play a critical role in solving issues. The Association and Public Health Laboratories is just one example of the achievements accomplished from the sharing of data, information, and knowledge through CoP.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about CoP and their standards. Based on your research on a current Public Health issue and understanding, respond to the following:
· Define and describe CoP.
· Describe and explain the benefits with regards to CoP.
· Compare and contrast the different technology tools used for knowledge management in CoP
· Examine any potential limitations of the technology tools used for knowledge management in CoP.
· Construct recommendations to address any limitations of the technology tools used for
PART 2—-BIO2071— 100 words—include references
Based on your research, respond to the following:
· What are the three major species of Staphylococcus? Why one of them is more pathogenic compared to the other two species? Which factor determines the pathogenesis of the organisms?
· What substance is called the “spreading factor”? How does the “spreading factor” aid an organism in its quest to penetrate the host cell?
PART 3 —-BIO2071—2pgs—-include references
Week 10 – Review Sheet Exercise 3 – Staphylococci
1. Differentiate the microscopic morphology of staphylococci and streptococci as seen by Gram stain.
2. What are the two types of staphylococcal coagulase?
3. What is protein A? Describe one method of detecting it.
4. What properties of S. aureus distinguish it from S. epidermidis and S. saprophyticus?
5. Why are staphylococcal infections frequent among hospital patients?
PART 4——BIO2070—150words—-include references
Food Intoxication and Infection
Food intoxication is a result of consumption of toxins produced in food by bacterial growth.
· What are the differences between food intoxication and food infection? Explain this distinction in detail.
· Provide at least three specific examples of each. Each example should include:
*The specific organism
*The disease and its symptoms
*Patient outcome if left untreated
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.