GCU 801 Topic 8 Post-conference Evaluation Individual Success Plan
The Individual Success Plan (ISP) assignment in this course requires your collaboration with the course faculty early on to establish a plan for successful completion of mutually identified and agreed-upon specific deliverables for your programmatic requirements. Programmatic requirements are: (1) completion of required practice immersion hours, (2) completion of work associated with program competencies, and (3) work associated with completion of your Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project.
A postconference evaluation is mandatory for DNP-815A, DNP-840A, DNP-830A, DNP-955A, DNP-960A, DNP-965A, and requires learners to use the ISP form. This is intended for the learner and preceptor/mentor to review and evaluate the completion of the ISP. The faculty will validate that all areas are at “Meets Expectations” on the preceptor/mentor evaluation form, located in Lopes Activity Tracker, prior to progression. The learner will upload the ISP and preceptor/mentor evaluations and proof of entered and approved practice immersion hours into the digital classroom by Topic 8 with the other required deliverables. Faculty will review this before filling out the faculty evaluation of the learner in Typhon or Lopes Activity Tracker, which the learner will also upload in Topic 8. The course faculty will complete a separate evaluation of the learner’s performance in the classroom. The faculty is responsible for any course grading, final course grade, and validation of the learner’s’ completed practice immersion hours.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment as it pertains to deliverables due in this course.
• Use the Individual Success Plan (ISP) developed in Topic 1 as a personal plan for completing your practice immersion hours and how competencies will be met. All of the major milestones and deliverables should be indicated in the timeline.
• While an ISP is required, unless you have a mentor, a mentor signature is not required for this course. A preconference and a postconference/evaluation between learners and preceptors/mentors are mandatory for all learners enrolled in all DNP courses (from DNP-815A on). Conferences may be conducted face-to-face or via technology. A copy of the wet-ink or digitally (digital identifier) signed document must be uploaded into the digital classroom no later than the end of Topic 8.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to the beginning to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
• You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
• Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the digital classroom. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
1. Identify the specific deliverables you will complete throughout this course from those defined above with your faculty. Update your faculty/chair with any revisions or changes to the ISP.
2. List the challenges you expect to encounter as you continue the practice immersion hour and competency requirements throughout this course. How might you overcome these challenges?
3. Complete the Contact Information table at the beginning of the ISP resource, and type in your signature (learner only) and the date on which you completed the table. Read the information in the ISP document, including the following: Learner Expectations, Derivation of the ISP, and Instructions for Completing the ISP.
4. Follow the instructions and complete the ISP.
5. Postconference Evaluation: Individual Success Plan (ISP) – Rubric
6. Collapse All Postconference Evaluation: Individual Success Plan (ISP) – RubricCollapse All
7. Completed ISP
8. 19 points
9. Criteria Description
10. The ISP is completed.
11. 5. Target
12. 19 points
13. The ISP is completed.
14. 4. Acceptable
15. 17.48 points
17. 3. Approaching
18. 16.72 points
20. 2. Insufficient
21. 15.2 points
23. 1. Unsatisfactory
24. 0 points
25. The ISP is not completed.
26. Paper Format
27. 1 points
28. Criteria Description
29. Use of appropriate style for the major and assignment.
30. 5. Target
31. 1 points
32. All format elements are correct.
33. 4. Acceptable
34. 0.92 points
35. Appropriate template is fully used. There are virtually no errors in formatting style.
36. 3. Approaching
37. 0.88 points
38. Appropriate template is used. Formatting is correct, although some minor errors may be present.
39. 2. Insufficient
40. 0.8 points
41. Appropriate template is used, but some elements are missing or mistaken. A lack of control with formatting is apparent.
42. 1. Unsatisfactory
43. 0 points
44. Template is not used appropriately, or documentation format is rarely followed correctly.
45. Total 20 points
Discussion Questions (DQ)
• Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
• Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
• One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
• I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
• Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
• In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
• Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
• Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
• Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
• Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
• I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
• I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
• As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
• It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
• For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
• Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
• Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
• Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
• The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
• Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
• If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
• I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
• As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
• Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
o Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
o Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.