Dissemination of EBP Case Discussion
please respond to the main DQ1 and DQ2. Also respond to the peer discussions 1-6
The most popular strategies for disseminating research findings are publications in biomedical journals and presentations at professional gatherings or conferences. These gatherings are frequently attended by field leaders, who are more likely to be early adopters of research into practice.
To reach the broadest possible audience and be available to practitioners not just today, but in perpetuity, research findings must be published in a journal.
The American Publication of Nursing is the world’s oldest and most prestigious broad-based nursing journal. It is the best journal in the profession since it is peer-reviewed and evidence-based. AJN, which ranks twenty-third out of 116 nursing journals, encourages applications for evidence-based clinical application studies, descriptions of best clinical practices, and original research. The publication of a journal in AJN will broaden the topic’s and research’s reach in the nursing community. (AJN 2018).
A gathering I’d like to present my research article at the 21st Global Nursing Education Conference, which will be held in Orlando, Florida, in 2019 under the theme “Current Challenges and Innovations in Nursing Education.” This conference brings together individuals from practice, development, and research who are interested in Nursing Education. This will be an excellent occasion to present the newly established CAUTI preventive strategies. The best platform for sharing knowledge, achieving success, and excelling in connections that broadcast a larger Nursing line. (CSE 2018)
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
such as presenting results at a conference or an article for a journal, is an important part of professional practice. Identify one professional journal and one nursing or health care conference where you might present your project. Discuss why each of your choices is the best option for you to disseminate your new knowledge.
, such as presenting results at a conference or writing an article for a journal, is an important part of professional practice. Identify one professional journal and one nursing or health care conference where you might present your project. Discuss why each of your choices is the best option for you to disseminate your new knowledge.
American Journal of Infection Control (AJIC) is one of the professional journals in which I would publish an article describing my project. Since my article’s subject, the use of hand hygiene monitoring badges to improve hand hygiene compliance in the organization, relates to infection control in the organization, I believe this journal would be the ideal venue for its publication. Improving hospital compliance with hand hygiene is intended to reduce hospital-acquired infections. Translation of research into clinical practice, according to McCalla, Reilly, Thomas, and Mc. Spedon-Rai (2017), can improve the health of patients and have a significant impact on the lives of patients across the nation and internationally. The AJIC is a journal with more than 15,000 members and numerous direct infection prevention programs that enhance patient safety in hospitals and other healthcare settings.
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) hosts annual conferences that include hand hygiene compliance improvement conferences for healthcare professionals. I would love to present my project on the use of hand hygiene monitors to improve hand hygiene compliance and decrease the rates of hospital-acquired infections at that conference. Upon contacting the organization, I was notified that I would have to submit my project to the approval board at the APIC, and then a special committee will review my work and make a decision on whether or not I can be a guest speaker at the next conference. It was fascinating to learn about various methods of dissemination of the results of the studies that healthcare professionals and researchers conduct.
American Journal of Infection Control. (2018). Education and events. Retrieved from https://apic.org/Education-and-Events/Overview
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology. (2018). About APIC. Retrieved from https://apic.org/About-APIC/About-APIC-Overview
McCalla, S., Reilly, M., Thomas, R., & McSpedon-Rai, D. (2017). Major Article: An automated hand hygiene compliance system is associated with improved monitoring of hand hygiene. AJIC: American Journal of Infection Control, 45(1), 492–497. https://doi-org.chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org…
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.